Acidizing / Chemical Treatments
DiverterPlus’ products are temporary diverting materials used to improve the distribution of treating fluids across multiple perforations or open-hole intervals. During placement, Div+ and RapidVert+ are solid non-toxic particles capable of blocking perforation tunnels, formation faces, and fractures near the well-bore. After a pre-determined length of time, the diverter will hydrolyze into a clear, non-hazardous liquid. This process is driven simply by time, temperature and pressure in the presence of water meaning that no additional remedial work is necessary. DiverterPlus’ blends are optimized for transport and plugging performance in the low rate/high leak-off environment of acid/chemical treatments.
- Ensure acid/chemicals are distributed evenly across entire stimulated interval
- Maximize matrix conductivity
- Particles designed for optimized transport in low rate/low viscosity applications
- No additional deployment equipment
- No remediation/cleanup operations
- No hazardous or toxic ingredients
- No fluid incompatibility
Standard Treatment Parameters
- Concentrations: 0.125-0.5 lb per gallon
- Different product particles and blends available depending on injection and application conditions
- Compatible with various BHA’s
- Versatile Delivery Packaging
- Customers need not maintain inventory
- Pressure not required to maintain sealing
The low rate designs that are often associated with acid and chemical treatments can make it difficult to determine the effectiveness of diversion by traditional pressure response analysis alone. As such, DiverterPlus encourages our customers to also determine success based upon long term production analysis. Treatment effectiveness can be determined by analysis of the rate and magnitude of production decline. The Chart above illustrates the shallow decline rate when using optimized diversion materials such as Div+ and RapidVert+ versus using traditional diverters. The reduced decline frequently means periodic treatments are needed less often, substantially reducing operating costs.
DiverterPlus understands that every well is unique, and that chemical treatments to address production declines require specialized solutions. Included with the purchase of all DiverterPlus products is our ability to partner with customers in the design phase in order to develop a diversion program that is tailored specifically to the challenges at hand. Employing our industry leading expertise will improve your efficiency, boost production, and get you the best results possible.